Parlour collaborated with Adidas and the Harold Hunter Foundation again this year to honor a dear friend and NYC skateboard Legend Harold Hunter. The HHF is an amazing organization that works with inner city youth to create opportunities and mentoring through skateboarding.
The below is an excerpt from Transworld Skateboarding breaking down the week's activities.
In remembrance of the late, legendary skateboarder Harold Hunter, presenting partner adidas Skateboarding and skate non-profit organization Harold Hunter Foundation (HHF) is excited to announce the “Harold Hunter Weekend” event series, which commences in New York City starting May 31 through June 4.
Traditionally a one-day skate jam, Harold Hunter Day has expanded to “Harold Hunter Weekend” with special events that celebrate everything the late Hunter cherished most including skateboarding, art, music, friends, family, and New York City.
“Harold Hunter Weekend” event series schedule of events are as follows:
Wednesday, May 31
6PM – 9PM
- “Harold Hunter Weekend” kick-off party at UXA (99 Scott Avenue, Brooklyn)
- Official launch of the limited edition HHF x adidas x UXA skateboard deck and t-shirt featuring an image of Hunter by photographer Sue Kwon available exclusively at the UXA store and at events throughout the weekend; proceeds to benefit the HHF
Thursday, June 1
6PM – 9PM
- Ryan Zimmerman “Common Thread” photo show presented by adidas and the HHF at the SoHo Arts Club (136 Bowery, Manhattan)
- Show will feature 30 portraits shot by Ryan Zimmerman of influential people within the NYC skateboarding community
Friday, June 2
6PM – 8PM
- Panel discussion hosted by the HHF, G-Shock and The Boardr Am
- Amateur skaters competing in the HHF Wildcard Contest division of The Boardr Am will learn about the ins and outs of working in the skateboarding industry from a panel of industry veterans (private event)
8:30PM – 10PM
- “Harold Hunter Weekend” party at G-Shock SoHo (454 West Broadway, Manhattan)
Saturday, June 3
10AM – 5PM
- The Boardr Am featuring the second-annual HHF Wildcard Contest (Coleman Oval/LES Skatepark, Manhattan)
- Open to 20 local skaters, the winner of the HHF Wildcard Contest will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the finals at the Am Getting Paid contest in Montreal, Canada
6PM – 10PM
- HRLD Photo Exhibition presented by adidas and the HHF at the SoHo Arts Club (136 Bowery, Manhattan)
- Show will feature dozens of classic photos of Hunter shot by more than 15 notable photographers from the skate industry
- Photos will be sold via silent auction with all proceeds to benefit the HHF
Sunday, June 4
1PM – 6PM
- Harold Hunter Day XI Skate Jam (Coleman Oval/LES Skatepark, Manhattan)
- All-ages skate jam featuring pop-up “Best Trick” contests with cash and prizes, live music, and a massive product toss with free decks, headphones, t-shirts, hats, and more